MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numerical computation. Over 50 MATLAB toolboxes and features are available with SDSU's Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license.
MATLAB is avaliable on the lab computers in the Library Computing Hub, the Library's 24/7 Study Area, and also in the GMCS Math and Computing Science Computing labs.
- Alumni, staff volunteers, emeritus faculty, and faculty adjuncts are not covered by our campus license.
- MATLAB 2017a Supported Platform Changes:
- Does NOT support Windows Vista
- Does NOT support Mavericks (10.9)
- If your computer is not supported, use the Roadmap to find an earlier release.
New to MATLAB? Learn the basics with the MATLAB Onramp training course Matlab license renewal: There is no need to reinstall, select Update Current Licenses in Matlab, select the license in the list and click Update using the file Activation Key from step 1 in the form below. Restart Matlab for the change to take effect. The license will need to be reactivated after June 30th. Unlock the power of multicore CPU and GPU computers with Parallel and GPU Tutorials Create a MathWorks Account using your student SDSUid Exchange email address: mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do Go to the License Center: mathworks.com/licensecenter
- Click Add License in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose Associate by Activation Key and click Continue.
- When prompted, enter the Activation Key that you saved from step 1.
Go to: mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads
- Click the download button for the current release.
- Click the installer button to download the installer.
- For instructions on installing MATLAB, go to the MathWorks Installation Guide.
Create a MathWorks Account using your campus @mail.sdsu.edu or @sdsu.edu email address: mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do Follow steps 3 through 4 up above for SDSU Students.